Samsung recently has announced its new ATIV range that will run on the all new Windows 8 operating system in IFA 2012 event in Berlin, Germany. The Korean company has announced four new products that include ATIV Smart PC, ATIV Smart PC Pro, ATIV Tab running on Windows 8 operating system and ATIV S smart-phone running on Windows Phone 8 based operating system. Nothing has been told about the availability of the device, but the marketing is expecting the devices in the month of October with new operating system.
Samsung ATIV Smart PC and Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro:
- Both the laptops have 11.6 inch screen with a detachable keyboard-docking system that allows users to use their laptops as tablets.
- The laptops are based on Windows 8 as well as Windows 7 operating system.
- The laptops are equipped with S Pen for writing and drawing experiences.
- The Samsung ATIV Smart PC has Intel Atom processor and USB v2.0 port claiming to have 13.5 hours of battery life.
- Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro has Intel Core i5 processor and USB v3.0 port claiming to have 8 hours of battery life.
- The two laptops also have mHDMI, miniSD and 2 USB v2.0 ports on keyboard.
Samsung ATIV Tab:
- Running on Windows 8 operating system the tab powered by 1.5GHz dual core processor has 10.1 inch screen.
- The 5MP camera offers autofocus and LED Flash. The phone has a 1.9MP front camera for video calling as well.
- The smart-phone has Wi-Fi Direct and Wi-Fi Channel Bonding for wireless connectivity and Bluetooth v4.0, USB 2.0 Host for device connectivity.
- Other features include 3.5mm earjack, 1GB RAM, Micro HDMI and NFC.
- For improved battery backup it has standard 8200 mAh Li-ion battery.
Samsung ATIV S:
- This is the first Samsung’s smart-phone running on Windows Phone 8 featuring a 4.8 inch HD Super AMOLED display.
- The smart-phone is powered by 1.5GHz dual core processor and HSPA+42 connectivity.
- It has an 8MP camera with autofocus and LED flash and a 1.9 MP front camera too for video calling.
- The phone has 1GB RAM and 2300 mAh standard Li-ion battery.
Samsung to give a strong competition to its competitors has come up with these new products. Although a complete list of features and specifications as well as the price and launch date is not revealed, but the market is all set to welcome the launch Windows 8 devices.
You can also read articles like: